This One Pot Spinach & Artichoke Pasta is Vegan, Dairy Free, and ready in under 20 Minutes! Perfect for a Weeknight Dinner, yet indulgent enough for a Fancy Date Night.
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 ½ cups Quartered Artichoke Hearts (from a can, drained)
- 1 ½ tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- 8 oz Spaghetti (gluten free, if desired*)
- 3 ¾ cup Vegetable Broth
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 2 oz Baby Spinach
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter
- First, add the Minced Garlic to a large pot or deep sauté pan with a splash of water or oil and sauté over medium-low heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Artichoke Hearts to the pan with the Nutritional Yeast, Pepper, and optional Chili Flakes, and sauté for an additional minute or two.
- “Push” the Artichoke Hearts to the side of the pan, then carefully lay the uncooked Pasta noodles across the bottom of the pan – try to have as many of them touch the bottom of the pan as possible.
- Pour the Vegetable Broth evenly over the pan, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low (keeping the simmer), and cook the Noodles according to the longer “quote” of the package instructions, or until desired tenderness. Stir the Spaghetti occasionally, to ensure that all of the noodles are being cooked evenly and are not sticking together.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the Lemon Juice, Cashew Butter, and Baby Spinach. Mix until everything is well incorporated and the Spinach has wilted.
- Serve Warm. Top with extra Nutritional Yeast, Lemon, and/or Chili Flakes, if desired.
- Cashew Butter may be substituted with Coconut Cream or Vegan Cream Cheese / Sour Cream
- I would suggest using a pot or pan that is large enough to allow the uncooked Spaghetti to fit inside it lengthwise, without having to break them
- Gluten Free noodles will “break” more easily than regular spaghetti, but the end result will still taste the same 😉