These No Bake + Sugar Free Strawberry Cheesecakes are Vegan, Grain Free, and Gluten Free! A perfect dessert when you are craving something healthy but decadent.
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup Cashews (not soaked!)
- 1/4 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Filling:
- First, prepare the Crust. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until the Cashews are finely chopped, and the fruit is well distributed.
- Press the Crust into 3 small springform pans, or one larger one. Set in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling, add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (Note: If you forgot to soak your Cashews, see the Notes for a quick hack).
- Remove the Crust from the freezer, and spread the filling evenly over the Crust. Lightly “drop” the pan repeatedly onto the counter fo 30-60 seconds, to remove any bubbles. You should only raise it a few cm off of the counter for this 😉 Smooth the top with a spatula, if necessary.
- Place the Cheesecake(s) in the Freezer, and let sit for at least 3 hours, to harden completely.
- To serve, remove the Cheesecake(s) from the freezer 5-10 minutes prior, to allow them to soften a bit. Store any leftovers in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and discoloration.
- If you forget to soak your Cashews, you can place them in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat, and let sit for 10 minutes or so before draining.
- My Medjool Dates were pretty soft, so I did not soak them. If your Dates are incredibly hard, I would soak them in hot water for a few minutes to soften them up. However, make sure to dry them off very well before using them in the recipe.
- I used some mini springform pans to make 3 small cheesecakes, but you can just as easily make one larger 9-12″ one as well. If you are using a larger pan, I would recommend doubling all of the ingredients, otherwise the Cheesecake itself will be very thin. Also, it may need more time in the freezer to harden completely.