A simple and budget-friendly “burrito” bowl made with black beans, cilantro, avocado, and “salsa rice”.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen brown rice (~ 1 heaping cup cooked rice)
- 2/3 cup store-bought salsa of choice, plus more for topping
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Make the Rice & Beans: warm a sauté pan over medium heat, then add the rice and salsa. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the rice has thawed and the salsa is mostly absorbed. You can add the beans to the pan to warm them as well, or heat them up separately in another pan or the microwave.
- Serve: transfer the rice & beans to two serving bowls, then divide the cilantro and avocado between them. Top with salsa and serve warm.