Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
These Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are easy to make, tasty, and perfect for breakfast on-the-go! Full of fiber, complex carbs, and healthy fats to keep you full.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 Cookies 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Peel the ripe banana and break it off into “chunks” in a medium bowl. Mash the banana with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of the oats to a blender and process for 30 seconds, or until a fine flour forms. Add in the oat flour, remaining oatmeal, applesauce, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and maple syrup, if using. Mix until everything is evenly incorporated, then fold the chopped walnuts into the batter.
- Use around 3 tablespoons of batter to form 6 even “cookies”, then use damp hands to press each cookie onto the tray – they will not spread out in the oven, so shape them how you’d like them to be. Bake for 15-18 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer to a baking rack to let cool completely.
- Once cool, store in a loosely covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these and reheat as needed!
- Maple syrup may be substituted with any other liquid or granulated sweetener of choice
- I have not tested these cookies without the applesauce, but I imagine that it could be substituted with equal parts pumpkin puree or extra mashed banana
Keywords: breakfast cookies, banana breakfast cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, on the go breakfast ideas