These Black Bean Tacos are loaded with flavor, but won’t leave your wallet feeling empty!
For the Tacos:
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Salad Greens
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Lime, for squeezing on top (optional)
For the Mexican Rice (Makes 2 Servings):
- 2/3 cup Brown Rice, dry
- 1/4 cup Corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Cilantro STEMS, finely chopped
- 1 cup Water
- First, prepare the Mexican Rice. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, and let simmer for 40 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare your caramelized onion. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a splash of water to it. Slice 1/2 of a Red Onion into thick strips, then add to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the Onion is golden and soft, adding more water to the pan as it evaporates.
- If desired, heat your black beans and tortillas in a nonstick pan / the oven, respectively.
- Finally, assemble your tacos. Fill each Corn Tortilla with a small handful of Greens, half of the Black Beans, and 1 tablespoon of Salsa. Serve alongside half of the Mexican Rice and Lime Wedges, for extra flavor.
White rice can be used instead of Brown if that’s what you have on hand; just be sure to cook all grains according to their package instructions!