This Burrito Bowl is JUST as good as your favorite Fast Food Chain, but at a fraction of the price!
For the Mexican Rice (NOTE: Serves 2)
- 2/3 cup Brown Rice, dry
- 1/4 cup Corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Cilantro STEMS, finely chopped
For the Burrito Bowl:
- 1 serving Mexican Rice
- 1/2 can Refried Beans
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 cup Salad Greens
- First, prepare the Mexican Rice. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, and let simmer for 40 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare your caramelized onion. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a splash of water to it. Slice 1/2 of a Red Onion into thick strips, then add to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the Onion is golden and soft, adding more water to the pan as it evaporates.
- Heat your Refried Beans and Corn in either the microwave or a nonstick skillet over low heat, if desired.
- Finally, assemble your Burrito Bowl. Combine the Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, Caramelized Onions, and all remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Stir well to incorporate all of the flavors, and enjoy!
If you already made the Black Bean Tacos, you do not need to make the Mexican Rice, and this meal comes together even faster!