This Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and full of plant based protein to help power you through your day.
- 2 Ripe Bananas (should be covered in brown spots)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 3/4 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 scoops Orgain Creamy Chocolate Fudge Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Peel the ripe Bananas, and mash them in a large bowl using a fork. Add in the Vanilla Extract and Peanut Butter, and stir well to combine.
- Pour in the Plant Milk, and mix until it incorporates evenly into the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add both types of Oats, the Protein Powder, and the Baking Powder to the bowl. Mix Well.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined 9×9″ baking dish, then bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center appears cooked and the edges of the oatmeal start to move away from the pan.
- Let cool completely in the pan, and then slice into 8 even pieces. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I personally enjoy this recipe best when it is served warm.
If you do not have both Quick Oats and Rolled Oats, you may use 2 cups of one or the other. I just prefer to use the combination of both as it yields the best texture.
If you do not have Protein Powder, simply omit and add an extra 2/3 cup of Quick or Rolled Oats with the dry ingredients.
If you are Gluten Free, be sure to buy GF-Certified Oats
To make this recipe Nut Free, Peanut Butter may be substituted with either Coconut Butter, Tahini, or Sunflower Butter. Keep in mind that this will affect the final flavor!