The ULTIMATE Vegan Queso! Made with only 9 Ingredients, this spicy dairy-free dip is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free. Perfect with Chips or on Burritos, Tacos, and more!
- 1 cup Peeled & Chopped Russet Potatoes* (about 1/2” cubes)
- 2 Medium Carrots, sliced into small rounds
- 1 medium Zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Filtered Water
- ¼ cup Pickled Jalapeño brine (the liquid from a can of Pickled Jalapeños)
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 3 tbsp Pickled Jalapeño Nacho Slices, diced (mild or hot)
- First, add the chopped Potatoes, Carrots, and Zucchini to a medium pot. Cover with water, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the Carrots are tender. Drain.
- Add the boiled Vegetables, Red Pepper, and Jalapeño Brine to a high-speed Blender or Food Processor. Blend for 60 seconds, to ensure the mixture is smooth.
- Next, add the Nutritional Yeast, Tahini, and Filtered Water (start with 1/2 cup and increase from there). Blend for another 60 seconds, until everything is well-incorporated.
- Finally, add the Salsa and diced Jalapeños to the Queso. Pulse until evenly combined, then serve as desired.
- Keep any leftovers sealed in the fridge for up to 6 days.
- I used around 1 medium Russet Potato for this recipe; however, I would highly suggest you measure out 1 cup of Potato vs. using an entire spud. If you add too much, the consistency of the Queso will be off.
- You can easily adjust the spiciness of this recipe based on the heat level of the Jalapeños and Salsa that you use! I went for the hot stuff, but you can go mild as well.
- This recipe stores well in the fridge, but do not freeze/rethaw. I would suggest serving it warm if you’re saving some for later.