These Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies are soft-baked and bursting with cozy flavor! Made from wholesome ingredients and totally vegan & gluten-free.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 g) natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (120 g) gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (145 g) rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup (70 g) raisins
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Prepare the flax “eggs” and let sit for at least 5 minutes, to thicken.
- Wet Ingredients: combine the flax eggs, coconut sugar, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla together in a medium bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Dry Ingredients: add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl and whisk until well-combined. Mix the rolled outs into the batter, then form a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix together with a spatula, then eventually your hands, until a dough forms. Add the raisins to the bowl and fold into the batter.
- Bake: use a 3-tablespoon sized cookie scoop (or a large spoon) to form 12 balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. Use slightly damp hands to press down each cookie to form an even circle. Bake in the middle oven rack for 8 minutes, then remove and let the tray sit for 5 minutes- the cookies will be soft at first, but will stiffen up once they set. Use a spatula to place the cookies on a baking tray and let cool completely.
- Serve as desired; store leftovers in a container with a loose-fitting lid at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Substitutions: coconut sugar can be replaced with brown or white sugar, and maple syrup can be replaced with any other liquid sweetener. I have not tested this recipe with any other flours, but think that oat flour, brown rice flour, or even all-purpose regular flour would work well.