Tired of oatmeal? This coconut quinoa breakfast porridge is a great healthy alternative! It’s hearty, healthy, and bursting with flavor.
- 1/3 cup Quinoa, dry
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp Lite Coconut Milk (I used one from a carton)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Berries (I used Blueberries)
- 1–2 Medjool Dates, OR
- 2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Optional Toppings: Berries, Coconut Flakes, Cacao Nibs
- In a medium pot, combine the Quinoa, Ground Flax, Coconut Milk, and Cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Add in either the Coconut Sugar or the Medjool Dates to sweeten the mixture; if you choose to use Dates, be sure to chop them finely!
- Cover the mixture, reduce the heat, and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and layer 1/2 of the cooked Quinoa to the bottom of an oven-safe dish. Add in berries of your choice, then top with the remaining Quinoa.
- Broil in the oven on the highest setting for 10 minutes, keeping the door slightly ajar.
- Top with any additional toppings as desired, and serve warm
*Coconut milk may be substituted with any other plant based milk, but keep in mind that this will change the flavor of the recipe