Curried Lentil Soup
This Curried Lentil Soup is thick, hearty, and perfect for a chilly day. It’s full of nourishing Vegetables, Spices, and Plant-Based Protein.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 28 Minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Small Red Onion, diced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 4 cloves of Garlic, roughly chopped
- 3” piece of Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Salt-Free Curry Powder
- 10 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
- 4 Small Carrots, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 ½ cup Dry Green Lentils
- 3 Small Gold Potatoes, diced
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- First, add the Red Onion and Green Bell Peppers to a large non-stick pot with a splash of water or oil. Sear for about 5 minutes over high heat, until the Peppers and Onions start to brown and caramelize.
- Deglaze the pot with ½ cup of Water and reduce heat to Medium. Add in the Garlic, Ginger, and Curry Powder and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Next, add the Carrots, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Lentils, and Vegetable Broth to the Pot. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finish the soup with Salt and Black Pepper to taste, then serve warm. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to one week, or the soup can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Keywords: lentil soup, vegan lentil soup, curry lentil soup, curry soup, lentil soup recipes