Curried Lentil Stuffed Peppers (10 Ingredients!)
These Curried Lentil Stuffed Peppers are Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Healthy. Plus they’re made in a Pressure Cooker for an even faster weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 8 oz. Baby Bella or Cremini Mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup dry Lentils
- 1 cup dry Brown Rice
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ tbsp Salt-Free Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup Raw Cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- First, wash and prep your vegetables. Core the Bell Pepper and finely dice the tops. Add all of the ingredients to the pot of the Ninja Foodi, except for the Tamari, Cashews, and cored Peppers; stir well.
- Close the Pressure lid on the Foodi, and set the pressure release valve to SEAL. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH, then cook for 15 minutes; press START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure by moving the valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid once all of the pressure has released; add the Tamari and Cashews to the pot and stir well, but save some Cashews to top the Peppers with.
- Equally stuff the mixture into the 4 cored Bell Peppers, and top with the remaining Cashews. Quickly rinse the pot out, place the Peppers in the Cook and Crisp Basket, and then place the basket in the pot.
- Close the crisping lid of the Foodi and select BAKE/ROAST. Set the temperature to 360ºF, and set the time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Once cooking is complete, serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- No Foodi? use a Pressure Cooker for the Lentil filling portion, and then bake the Peppers in the Oven instead.
- No Pressure Cooker? If you don’t own a Pressure Cooker, simply combine all of the filling ingredients in a large Pot with an additional 2 cups of Water; bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until the Rice is fully cooked.
Keywords: vegetarian stuffed peppers, lentil stuffed peppers, curry stuffed peppers, vegan stuffed peppers, lentil rice peppers