Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil-Free, these Tahini Sugar Cookies are a healthy dessert– but hardly taste like it! With crispy edges and soft and chewy centers, they’re perfect on their own or with a glass of non-dairy milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add the Tahini and Coconut Sugar to a medium bowl and use a handheld electric mixer to beat them together on a low speed for 45-60 seconds.
- Next, add the Non-Dairy Milk, Apple Sauce, and Vanilla Extract to the bowl. Beat until well-combined.
- Mix the Oat Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt together in a small bowl, then add this to the wet ingredients. Stir until the dry mix is evenly distributed.
- Place the bowl of Cookie Dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Dough from the freezer, and with wet hands, scoop ~ 2 tbsp of dough out and form it into the cookie. Press each cookie down onto a greased or lined baking sheet; they will not expand very much during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then let sit on the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve as desired; leftovers will keep well at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Not all Tahini is created equal; a good variety should be runny and not bitter. My two favorite brands are Soom Foods and Pepperwood Organics
- Tahini may be substituted for any other natural Nut or Seed Butter of choice
- Coconut Sugar may be substituted for Brown Sugar or Cane Sugar
- To make Oat Flour, simply add your Oats to a Blender and process for 30-45 seconds until fine and powdery. I have not tested this recipe with any other Flours and thus cannot recommend substitutions.