These 9 Ingredient Mango Curry Jackfruit Tacos come together in only 30 minutes and are a perfect weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy!
- 2 14 oz. cans Young Jackfruit (in brine, NOT syrup)
- 1 Medium Mango (make sure it is sweet and ripe)
- 1 Large Red Onion, divided
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 3/4 cup Light Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- Corn Tortillas (about 3 per person)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, for garnish on top
- Mince the Garlic Cloves, Slice the Bell Pepper into 1/2″ strips, and use a Mandolin to finely slice the Red Onion lengthwise. Set 1/2 cup of the Raw Onion aside to use as a garnish for the tacos.
- Open the Canned Young Jackfruit and drain, but do not rinse. Use your fingers to pull apart or “shred” the meat substitute.
- Add a splash of water, the remaining Red Onion, and Red Pepper to a large pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- While the Onion and Pepper are cooking, Puree half of the flesh from the Mango in a blender or food processor. You want about 1/4 cup of puree for this recipe. Chop the remaining Mango flesh into small cubes, and reserve as a garnish for the tacos.
- Uncover the Peppers and Onions and add in the minced Garlic and Curry Powder. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, adding a splash of water if things start to stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the shredded Jackfruit, Coconut Milk, and Mango Puree to the pot. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken more. Heat up your corn tortillas at this point, if desired.
- Remove the Jackfruit Curry from the heat, then assemble the tacos. Add a generous scoop of Jackfruit to each Corn Tortilla, then top with the reserved Red Onion, Mango Pieces, and Cilantro.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
I do not recommend substituting the canned Coconut Milk for another plant based milk. // Be sure to use certified Gluten Free Corn Tortillas if you are avoiding gluten!