These Mango Zucchini Blondies are a healthy delicious treat – perfect for an afternoon or evening snack. They are also Gluten, Oil, and Refined Sugar Free!
- 1 cup Diced Mango (be sure it is really ripe and juicy)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Zucchini, drained (see notes)
- 2 cup Instant or Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter or Tahini
- 1/2 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place your pitted Medjool Dates into a bowl, and cover them with hot water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then drain completely.
- In the meantime, shred and drain your Zucchini (see notes) and prepare the Oat Flour by blending 2 cups of Oats in a high speed blender or food processoruntil fine and fluffy, about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Remove the Oat Flour from the blender / food processor, and place it into a medium sized bowl with the Baking Powder and Salt. Stir Well.
- Return the blender / food processor back to its base, and add in the diced Mango and drained Medjool Dates. Blend until a thick, smooth paste forms. If your Mango is not juicy enough, add in some water in 1 tbsp increments until you are able to do this.
- Add the Date and Mango Puree to the bowl of dry ingredients, along with the Almond Butter or Tahini, Vanilla Extract, and Zucchini. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased or lined 8 x 8 pan, and bake at 350F for 28 – 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before slicing. Store in an airtight container in at room temperature for up to 5 days, in the fridge for up to 10, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To prepare the Zucchini, pack 1/2 of a cup full of shredded wet zucchini, then squeeze out the liquid using a paper towel. Be sure to peel the Zucchini before you shred it if you don’t want streaks of green in the blondies!