These Vegan Rainbow Flatbreads are piled high with tangy Beet Hummus and tons of colorful veggies!
For the Beet Hummus:
- 1 cup Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Love Beets White Wine & Balsamic Marinated Beets, divided
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the Rainbow Flatbreads:
- Beet Hummus, above
- 2 Flatbreads of Choice (I used Whole Wheat Pita Bread)
- Chopped White Wine & Balsamic Love Beets
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Sweet Peppers
- Fresh Basil
- Optional: Preheat the oven to 350F and place your flatbreads in the oven for 5 minutes, until warm. You can also simply toast your bread, or keep it cold.
- To prepare the Beet Hummus, add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. If the mixture is too thick for your liking, add in water in 1 tbsp increments until the desired texture is reached.
- Once you have warmed your flatbreads, assemble them by adding a thick layer of the Beet Hummus, then top with chopped veggies as desired.
- Store any leftover hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
I used Love Beets White Wine & Balsamic Beets for this recipe. If you use regular roasted beets and would like your hummus to have more of a “tang,” I would suggest adding 2 tsp of either Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar.