These Gluten Free and Vegan Savory Mango Buddha bowls are loaded with Chipotle Quinoa, Avocado, and Steamed Kale to create a healthy and nutritious meal!
- 1 Ripe Mango (should be soft and fragrant!)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime, juice of
- 2 cup Cooked Black Beans (rinse if using canned)
- 1/2 bunch Kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cup Chopped Cilantro, loosely filled
For the Chipotle Quinoa:
- 2/3 cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- In a medium pot, combine all ingredients for the Chipotle Quinoa and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, chop the Mango, Cilantro, Kale, and Avocado. Rinse the black beans if you are using canned.
- Gently steam the Kale for 2-3 minutes using a steamer, or simply sauté in a pan over medium heat with a splash of water, until all water has dissolved and the kale is bright green and tender.
- Once the Quinoa has finished cooking, turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Divide the Kale, Quinoa, Beans, Avocado, Mango, and Cilantro equally between two bowls, then top each bowl with the juice of 1/2 of a Lime. Serve immediately, or store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.