Smoky white bean bowls with fluffy quinoa and roasted vegetables make a filling and tasty plant-based meal! Perfect for meal-prep or dinner.
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium bulb of fennel, sliced into 1/2” rounds
- 2 medium beets, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil, divided (optional – see notes)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 batch Sweet & Smoky White Beans
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat.
- Add the parsnips and fennel to a large bowl, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Transfer the veggies to half of the baking sheet. Add the beets to the bowl, then drizzle with the remaining oil and cumin. Once the beets are evenly coated in spice, transfer to the baking sheet with the other veggies. Sprinkle everything with salt, then place in the top rack of the oven to cook for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden.
- In the meantime, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions. If you have not made the Sweet & Smoky Beans ahead of time, make them now as well.
- Divide the quinoa, beans, and roasted vegetables evenly between serving bowls. Sprinkle chopped parsley over each bowl, then serve warm. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Substitutions: the parsnips, fennel, and/or beets can be swapped for any of your favorite veggies! Carrots, broccoli, and/or mushrooms would be great here. Quinoa can be replaced with rice or another grain of choice.
- Oil-Free: the vegetables do not need to be cooked with oil, but they will be on the drier side.