This Spicy Peach and Chickpea Salad is filled with sweet & juicy peaches, crunchy veggies, and hearty chickpeas for the ultimate warm weather salad! Vegan, Gluten-Free, & Nut-Free.
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 3 cups (500 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2–3 peaches, pits removed and diced
- 1 watermelon radish, cut in half and thinly sliced*
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 ounce (14 g) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Prep the Dressing: Add the olive oil, lime juice, agave, chipotle powder, salt, and black pepper to a small jar with a lid. Seal well, then shake vigorously, until the oil has emulsified. Set aside.
- Make the Salad: Add the chickpeas to a large bowl, then add in the cucumber, peaches, radish, and jalapeño. Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture, then toss until evenly combined. Add the avocado and basil to the bowl, then gently fold into the chickpea mixture.
- Serve: season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if necessary. Serve immediately, or place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to chill before serving. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Watermelon Radish: I love watermelon radishes because they’re bright and colorful, but any standard radish will work too! For small red radishes, use 3-4 instead.