Summer Peach & Chickpea Salad
This sweet & salty Summer Peach & Chickpea Salad is perfectly balanced—juicy peaches, hearty chickpeas, and fresh greens in a lemon olive oil dressing! Vegan & Gluten-Free.
- Author: Caitlin Shoemaker
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 4 ounces (113 g) arugula (or sub other salad greens)
- 2 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2–1 lemon, depending on preference
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (380 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed well if using canned
- 10 ounces (280 g) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 semi-firm peach, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup (33 g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, loosely packed
- Optional add-ins: 2 tablespoons fresh capers or 1/4 cup chopped olives
- Dress the Greens: add the arugula, oil, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, and a generous amount of salt and pepper to a large bowl. Toss well, using either clean hands or salad tongs.
- Deck it Out: add in the chickpeas and tomatoes, then toss again. Top with the basil, peaches, and almonds.
- Serve: immediately, with lemon wedges and extra salt & pepper on the side. This salad is best enjoyed fresh, but can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Substitutions: use any tender leafy green in place of arugula. Chickpeas can be swapped for another creamy white bean. Almonds can be replaced with pumpkin seeds or chopped hazelnuts.
- Oil-Free: make this Easy Tahini Dressing instead of the lemon & oil one!
Keywords: summer peach salad, chickpea peach salad, peach tomato salad, summer vegan salads