This Gluten Free and Vegan Tangy Beet Salad comes together in under 20 minutes and would be a perfect light entree or side dish!
- 4–5 cup Salad Greens of Choice
- 1 cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1 6.5 oz package Love Beets Organic Mild Vinegar Beets
- 1 cup Carrot, Shredded
- 1 15 oz can Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
For the Avocado Dressing: (makes just over 3/4 cup)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/3 cup Filtered Water
- Rinse and prepare all of your veggies; shred the Carrots, drain the Lentils, pit the Avocado, and chop the Marinated Beets into bite sized pieces.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for the salad dressing and blend for 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. If the dressing is too thick for your liking, feel free to add an extra 1-3 tbsp of Filtered Water.
- Add all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, pour the desired amount of dressing over them, and mix until well combined. Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Divide the salad into two bowls, serve, and enjoy.
I used Love Beets Organic Mild Vinegar Beets for this recipe, but if you would like to prepare your own beets, simply wash and peel your beets, wrap them in foil, and bake them at 400F for 60-90 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool completely, then cut into bite-sized pieces and toss with a splash of vinegar before adding to the salad.
Coconut Aminos may be substituted for Soy Sauce, Liquid Aminos, or Tamari, but keep in mind that these varieties are not as sweet, so you may need to add 1/2 – 1 tsp of Maple Syrup to the dressing to balance it out.