One Pot Vegan Buffalo Ranch Pasta
This Vegan Buffalo Ranch Pasta is life-changing! Tangy buffalo drenched noodles and a homemade ranch seasoning that will transform a classic appetizer into your new favorite meal!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or oil, divided
- 8 ounces vegan “chicken”* (see notes for subs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 oz (225 g) pasta*
- 3 1/4 (770 ml) cups water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese or cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (only if using cream cheese)*
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley or dill, for serving (optional)
- Cook the Vegan Chicken: melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter in a large pot or deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the vegan chicken to the pot and cook according to package directions, until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Aromatics: Melt the remaining butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the nutritional yeast, parsley, dill, and onion powder and toast for an additional 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Pasta: Place the dry pasta in the pot and pour in the water and buffalo sauce. Bring everything to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer: reduce the heat to medium and cook until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking. Cook time will vary based on the pasta, but it will most likely be the longer end of the estimated cook time on the package.
- Final Touches: If you are using the cornstarch, dissolve it in a small amount of water, then add it to the pot and simmer until the sauce has thickened some. Turn the heat to low and stir in the vegan cream cheese or cashew butter until evenly incorporated. Return the vegan chicken to the pot and stir, then season with salt to taste or additional hot sauce if necessary.
- Serve: serve warm topped with fresh herbs, or as desired. This recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Vegan “Chicken”: I used Daring Food Chicken but you can replace it with the same amount of your favorite meat alternative as well – just cook according to the package instructions. You can also replace the chicken with 1 can of drained chickpeas (add them with the spices in step 2) or make my Crispy Tofu and mix that in in the end! You can also make the pasta without a vegan protein; if so, start the recipe at step 2 and use only 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Gluten-Free: use a gluten-free vegan chicken and a shorter gluten-free pasta shape! Corn and brown rice-based varieties tend to break less.
- Oil-Free: sauté the garlic and spices in water instead of oil and use cashew butter in place of vegan cream cheese
Keywords: vegan buffalo pasta, vegan buffalo ranch, buffalo ranch pasta, one pot vegan pasta