Easy Vegan Mayo Recipe
Forget store-bought, make your own Vegan Mayo using this easy recipe! It’s Oil-Free, Healthy, and has both Nut-Free and Soy-Free Options.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: about 1 1/4 cup 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz. Silken Tofu OR 1 cup whole Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup water (for the Cashew version ONLY)
- 1/4 tsp White Sugar (for the Tofu version ONLY)
For the Tofu Mayo:
- Remove the Silken Tofu from its package, removing as much water as possible. Cut the Tofu into cubes and carefully place them onto a dry and clean dish towel. Let the Tofu sit on the towel for 5-10 minutes, to absorb extra moisture.
- Add the Silken Tofu Cubes, Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Nutritional Yeast, Dijon Mustard, Sugar, and Salt to a high-speed blender. Blend for 45 seconds, or until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar or sealable container, and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
For the Cashew Mayo:
- Drain your soaked Cashews, if they are still in liquid. Add the Cashews, Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Nutritional Yeast, Dijon Mustard, and Salt to a high-speed blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of Filtered Water if you are using the Cashew Mayo immediately in a recipe
- Add 1/3 cup of Filtered Water if you are planning on using the Mayo over time (ex: Sandwiches)
- Blend all ingredients together for 60 seconds, then transfer to a glass jar or sealable container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- I do not recommend any substitutions for this recipe; each ingredient serves a specific purpose, and if you must use it if you are looking for a realistic Vegan Mayo!
- You MUST use Silken Tofu for this recipe, or the final product will not be as smooth. If you are using Cashew pieces in place of whole Cashews, use a heaping 3/4 cup.
- If you forget to soak your Cashews ahead of time, you can either (1) carefully pour hot water over them and let sit for 30 minutes, or (2) microwave them in water for 3 minutes and let sit until soft.
Keywords: vegan mayo, vegan mayonnaise, egg free mayo, dairy free mayo, tofu mayo, cashew mayo