Vegan Pecan Pie
Not only is this Vegan Pecan Pie so dang delicious, but it’s also Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, and made from only 8 healthy ingredients!
- Author: Caitlin Shoemaker
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Easy Vegan Pie Crust, pre-baked according to instructions*
- 1 ½ cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup mashed White Sweet Potato*, roasted only
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Whole Pecans
- If you haven’t pre-roasted your Sweet Potato, do so now. I like to wash mine, poke a few holes in it with a knife, and bake it at 400F for 45-60 minutes until soft and tender. Carefully remove the skin of the Potato, mash, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add the Coconut Milk, 1 cup of Coconut Sugar, Sweet Potato, Vanilla, Arrowroot, and Salt to a high-speed blender. Blend for 30-60 seconds on high, until smooth and thick.
- Pour the Pie filling into a 9″ pie tin (with the pre-baked pie crust) and smooth the top off evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of Coconut Sugar evenly over the top, then sprinkle the Pecans over the pie as well. Gently press the Pecans into the Pie, so they slightly sink into the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and let the Pie cool completely before slicing and serving (preferably overnight). Serve as desired! Leftovers will keep at room temperature for up to 4 days, or store in the fridge for up to 8. This pie can also be frozen and re-heated as necessary.
- The Pie Crust in this recipe may be substituted with another pre-baked pie crust of your choice
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk cannot be replaced with Light Coconut Milk; I have tested both, and you need the fat for this recipe to work. You can try to make your own super-creamy Nut Milk at home if you have a Coconut aversion/allergy and using that, but I have not tested this.
- Coconut Sugar may be substituted for Brown Sugar.
- If a substitution is not listed, I do not recommend it. I have tested this recipe way more times than I would care to admit and believe that this combination of ingredients is the best option. Experiment at your own risk!
Keywords: pecan pie, healthy pecan pie, gluten free pecan pie, grain free pecan pie, oil free pecan pie, pecan pie egg free