This Sweet Potato & Rosemary Quiche is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Grain Free! A perfect breakfast or dinner option packed with hearty and cozy flavor.
- 1 3 Ingredient Pie Crust*, pre-baked
- 1 Yellow Onion + 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Sweet Potato, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup Garbanzo Bean / Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme (Optional)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add a splash of Vegetable Broth to a Medium Pan over Medium-High heat, then add all of the Onion Pieces. Sauté the Onions as you normally would in the pan, but let all of the Vegetable Broth evaporate. Let the Onions “sit” in the pan for 10-20 seconds without liquid, then “deglaze” the pan using a splash of Vegetable Broth. Repeat this process for 10-12 minutes, until the Onions are dark brown and caramelized.
- Next, add the cubed Sweet Potato to the pot with an additional 1/4 cup of Vegetable Broth; reduce the heat to Medium, cover, and steam the Sweet Potato and Onion for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and drain off any excess liquid, if there is any.
- Then, prepare the Quiche filling. Whisk the Chickpea Flour, Nutritional Yeast, Turmeric, Rosemary, Thyme, Salt, and Baking Powder together in a large bowl until well-combined. Add the Non-Dairy Milk to the bowl and mix well, until no clumps remain. Finally, fold in the cooked Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onions.
- Pour the Quiche mixture into the pre-baked Pie Crust and smooth the top out with a Spatula. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes cleanly out of the center. Let the Quiche cool for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve as desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
- The 3-Ingredient Pie Crust may be substituted for another pie crust of choice