This refreshing Watermelon Slushie Recipe is made with only 4 healthy ingredients! It’s easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day.
- 10 cups Seedless Watermelon Cubes, frozen for at least 24 hours
- 2–4 tbsp Maple Syrup*
- Juice of 1 large Lime
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint or Basil leaves, loosely packed (Optional, but recommended)
- 1 1/2 cup Filtered Water (see notes for a fun substitution!)
- First, let the Frozen Watermelon chunks sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to defrost some. Then, add the Watermelon, 2 tbsp Maple Syrup, Lime Juice, Mint, and Water to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse the blender until the Watermelon starts to break up some, then blend to form a thick, slushie consistency. Adjust the Maple Syrup to taste, adding more if necessary. If the mixture is too thick for your liking, you can also add in extra water.
- Divide equally into 4 glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- If you do not have a blender with a tamper, I would suggest making this recipe in a Food Processor instead
- I used about 1/2 of a Medium-to-Large sized Seedless Watermelon for this recipe
- You will need to adjust the Maple Syrup in this recipe based on how sweet your Watermelon is; I recommend starting out with 2 tbsp, and increasing from there in 1 tbsp increments.
- Maple Syrup can be substituted for any other sweetener of choice
- For a fun fizzy alternative, substitute the Filtered Water with a flavored Sparkling Water of your choice!