This Chocolate Cherry Almond Smoothie is creamy, dreamy, and bursting with juicy cherry flavor! Made from only 5 simple and healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen cherries, pits removed
- 1/2–1 cup (118–235 ml) non-dairy milk (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Optional: sweetener of choice (see notes)
- Other Optional add-ins: 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and/or 1/2″ piece fresh ginger
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Use less milk for a thicker smoothie, or more for a thinner smoothie.
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds, until the smoothie is smooth and creamy. Pour into a drinking glass and serve chilled.
- Sweetener options: this smoothie is moderately sweet; if you wish to make it sweeter, you can add 1/2 of a frozen banana or 1-3 teaspoons of maple syrup. You can also add a protein powder that is naturally sweetened!