These gooey S’mores bars have a sweet crust, rich chocolate filling, and fluffy vegan marshmallow topping to replicate your favorite campfire treat.
For the Base:
- 2 cups (180 g) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (85 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 1–4 tablespoons filtered water, as necessary
For the Chocolate Filling:
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 8×8” pan with parchment paper.
- Make the Base: Add the oats, coconut, and salt to the base of a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until a fine flour forms. Add the maple syrup to the food processor along with 1 tablespoon of filtered water and pulse until a damp dough forms. Add additional water in 1 tablespoon increments, if necessary – the mixture should look relatively dry, but hold together when you pinch it. Use a spatula to firmly and evenly press the base into the pan, then bake in the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the Filling: Quickly rinse the food processor, then add the tofu, melted chocolate, coconut milk, and salt to it. Blend until a thick and even texture forms. Pour the filling over the pre-cooked base and use a spatula to spread it out smoothly and evenly.
- Bake: Top with vegan marshmallows, then bake in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving; the marshmallows will be puffed up when first removed, but will deflate with time.
- Serve: Slice into 9 even bars, then serve as desired. Leftovers will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.