These Nourish Bowls with Maple Turmeric Tofu radiate cozy vibes! Fresh greens, fluffy rice, crisp tofu, & roasted veggies get drizzled in a creamy dressing. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
For the Tofu:
- 1 14 ounce (400 g) block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) soy sauce (or tamari, liquid aminos)
- 2 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- black pepper, to taste
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooked brown rice
- 4 ounces (115 g) arugula
- Curry Tahini Dressing, for drizzling
- Marinate: whisk the soy sauce, maple syrup, turmeric, and black pepper together in a bowl, then gently add the tofu to the bowl and mix with a spatula. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; you can also transfer the tofu and marinade to a bag and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Prep: line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside. Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Roasted Veggies: add the sweet potato to a large bowl along with the oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, then transfer to half of the baking sheet. Place the chopped cauliflower in the same bowl, then add in the smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt to taste. Mix well, then transfer to the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake: remove the tofu from the marinade and spread evenly across the other baking sheet. Place both baking sheets on the middle and top racks of the oven for 40-45 minutes, switching their places halfway.
- Serve: Fill serving bowls with cooked rice and arugula, then top with the roasted veggies and tofu. Drizzle with curry tahini dressing, then serve warm. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.