Let’s face it: a good sauce can make or break a meal. Veggies are great and all, but nobody sane wants to eat a dry bowl of them. Which is why this Curry Tahini Dressing is so great! It’s easy to make, really dang tasty, and works with just about everything.
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY TAHINI DRESSING
You only need four plant-based ingredients to make this dressing:
- Tahini: a.k.a. sesame seed butter! The tahini you use does make a difference – some can be quite thick and bitter. We’re looking for a silky, light-flavored tahini here. Soom Foods is my favorite by far!
- Curry Powder: we’re relying solely on curry powder seasoning for this recipe, so use your favorite salt-free blend here. Curry powder is a blend of several spices, and each brands varies a little in flavor. I personally love and use this one.
- Garlic: for a little zing!
- Lemon Juice: this helps to cut the tahini and add some well-rounded, acidic flavor
If you like your dressing on the sweeter side, you can also add in a splash of maple syrup or agave. I chose to go without, and loved this dressing as-is!
HOW TO MAKE CURRY TAHINI DRESSING
You can easily make this dressing in a high-speed and/or bullet blender – just add all the ingredients with a splash of water, blend, and you’re done! If you don’t have a blender, you can also make this in a bowl with a good old fashioned whisk – just be sure to finely mince your garlic, or use garlic powder instead.
WAYS TO USE CURRY TAHINI DRESSING
This Curry Tahini Dressing is the perfect balance of creamy, spicy, and tangy! It’s a great staple for meal prep, and can be used in a wide variety of ways. A few of my favorites are:
- As a salad dressing,
- As a dip for fries and sweet potatoes,
- Spread for sandwiches or savory toast,
- Drizzled over grain bowls,
- and as a dip for crackers and veggies!
If you want to use this dressing as a spread vs. a dip, I suggest using 2-4 tablespoons less water so it will be thicker 🙂 It will also thicken in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to thin it out with a little extra water if you want it to be thinner.
This Curry Tahini Dressing is the perfectly creamy, spicy, and tangy! Made with only 4 plant-based ingredients and great on salads, bowls, and as a dip.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed or bullet blender and blend until smooth and creamy, 45 to 60 seconds. If your tahini is on the thicker side you may need to add extra water, to taste.
- Use immediately, or pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- No blender? You can whisk everything together in a large bowl too! Just be sure to finely mince your garlic or use garlic powder instead.
- If your curry powder does contain salt, omit the salt from this recipe and/or adjust to taste