Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas
These Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are packed with colorful veggies and crisp tofu for a wholesome, fuss-free lunch or dinner! Gluten-Free.
- Author: Caitlin Shoemaker
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 3 jalapeños, sliced (remove seeds for mild heat)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 16-ounce block super firm tofu*, cubed
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 8–12 Warmed flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F; Grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Seasoning Blend: Mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Veggies & Tofu: add the bell peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, onion, and tofu directly to the baking sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the veggies and tofu, then drizzle with avocado oil. Use tongs or a spatula to gently toss the vegetables and tofu until everything is evenly coated in spice.
- Bake: Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and toss everything well. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the peppers are browned. Warm your tortillas once you return the veggies to the oven for the second bake.
- Serve: Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and sprinkle the juice of 1 lime wedge over the veggies; toss and top with cilantro. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, the remaining lime wedges, and any additional toppings as desired. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Super-Firm Tofu: I prefer to use super-firm tofu for this recipe because of its denser texture, which helps it stay together and crisp up well in the oven. You could also use extra-firm tofu (just press it well first!), or even swap the tofu out for some chickpeas, soy curls, or imitation vegan chicken!
Keywords: sheet pan fajitas, vegetarian sheet pan fajitas