Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
These Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are packed with colorful veggies and crisp tofu for a wholesome, fuss-free lunch or dinner! A wholesome and naturally gluten-free Tex-Mex inspired main.
At the first sign of summer, these Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are just what I’m craving! They taste so fresh – loaded up with crunchy, colorful veggies, and just the right amount of spice for a warm, sunny day. Plus, they’re super easy to make, so you can enjoy a wholesome, veggie-heavy meal without spending even an hour in the kitchen 😉
INGREDIENTS + INSPIRATION
These Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas make a quick and easy veggie-packed main with a boost of plant-based protein, thanks to crisp, juicy chunks of tofu! Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers add crunch and eye-popping color to these fajitas, while fresh jalapeño peppers add a kick of heat, and mushrooms add a hearty, meaty texture and umami flavor.
The bonus? Everything comes together on only one pan – plus a small bowl for the homemade savory spice blend that beats store-bought fajita seasoning any day.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN SHEET PAN FAJITAS
If you couldn’t tell already, we’re diving headfirst into sheet pan recipe season! Easy to assemble and even easier to cook, sheet pan dishes are quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to enjoy spring and summer meals. If you ask me, these warmer months are the perfect time of year to sit back, relax, and enjoy a refreshing, fuss-free meal. These Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas are made for just that 😊
- Mix chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Spread out the bell peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, onion, and tofu on a lined baking sheet, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture and drizzle with oil. Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake until the pepper edges are browned, flipping midway through.
- Warm your tortillas. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the veggies, top with cilantro, and assemble into your tortillas. Top with desired condiments and enjoy.
This Vegan Fajitas recipe is great for a quick, yet wholesome lunch or dinner, plus they are amazing for meal prepping for the week. Sometimes I’ll prepare a little fajita bar with lots of toppings and top each of mine with a different condiment – one with a dollop of creamy Guac, one covered in my fresh Garden Salsa, and one drizzled with my favorite Vegan Queso. When I’m craving a little extra heat, I’ll give them a little sprinkle of hot sauce too. If you are making these as meal prep or have any leftovers, they will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.
COOKING TIPS + FAQ:
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy as an easy burrito bowl over fluffy rice or stuff into warm flour or corn tortillas for the true restaurant fajita experience…but at home 😉 Want to go grain-free? Serve yours in crunchy romaine or iceberg lettuce wraps.
- Need More Condiments? Top your fajitas with a dollop of dairy-free sour cream and maybe some shredded vegan cheese, or enjoy it with my Best Ever Guacamole, Garden Salsa, or Vegan Queso!
- Protein Swaps: If you’d like to switch up the protein in this dish, I think this would be delicious with seasoned soy curls or even tempeh. Wanna go entirely soy-free? Try using black beans or pinto beans!
If you’re looking for more fresh, vegetable-heavy recipes that are perfect for the warm weather months, try this Summer Vegetable White Bean Stir-Fry, this Vegan Taco Salad with Baked Tortilla Strips, and these Vermicelli Noodle Bowls.
Finally, if you make this recipe and decide to share it on Facebook or Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂Print
Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 3 jalapeños, sliced (remove seeds for mild heat)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 16-ounce block super firm tofu*, cubed
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 8–12 Warmed flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F; Grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Seasoning Blend: Mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Veggies & Tofu: add the bell peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, onion, and tofu directly to the baking sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the veggies and tofu, then drizzle with avocado oil. Use tongs or a spatula to gently toss the vegetables and tofu until everything is evenly coated in spice.
- Bake: Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and toss everything well. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the peppers are browned. Warm your tortillas once you return the veggies to the oven for the second bake.
- Serve: Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and sprinkle the juice of 1 lime wedge over the veggies; toss and top with cilantro. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, the remaining lime wedges, and any additional toppings as desired. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Super-Firm Tofu: I prefer to use super-firm tofu for this recipe because of its denser texture, which helps it stay together and crisp up well in the oven. You could also use extra-firm tofu (just press it well first!), or even swap the tofu out for some chickpeas, soy curls, or imitation vegan chicken!
Keywords: sheet pan fajitas, vegetarian sheet pan fajitas