These Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats are hearty, nutritious, spiced, & ready in 15 minutes. Packed with fall flavor for a tasty vegan breakfast.
- 2 cup (160 g) rolled oats; gluten-free if necessary
- 2 cup (160 g) quick-cooking oats (for a creamier texture, or use more rolled)
- 1/3 cup (42 g) ground flax seed
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can pumpkin puree (about 1 3/4 cups if using homemade)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3–4 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 2 cup (475 ml) brewed coffee (or sub more milk)
- 1 cup (235 ml) non-dairy milk; I used coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Juice of half a lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Optional: toppings of choice
- Pumpkin Mix: add the coffee, non-dairy milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Oatmeal: add in the oats and ground flax, then mix well. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to thicken, then divide it evenly among mason jars or similar containers. Top as desired.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Oatmeal: I like to use a combination of quick-cooking and rolled oats in this recipe as I find it gives a creamier texture. You can use both, or simply choose one. Make sure to purchase certified gluten-free oats if you are gluten-free.
- Substitutions: Ground Flax Seeds may be substituted for Chia Seeds. Maple syrup can be replaced with your sweetener of preference, such as brown sugar or agave. If you are using granulated sugar, make sure it completely dissolves before adding the dry ingredients! I have not tested this recipe with stevia or other artificial sweeteners, but I believe it would work; just add enough to reach your desired flavor.
- Stovetop instructions: add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat with an additional 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Mix well and bring to a simmer; once simmering, reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your texture preference.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: if you do not have a pumpkin spice blend, use 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves and nutmeg instead.