Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats are hearty, nutritious, perfectly spiced, and come together in less than 15 minutes. Packed with fall flavor and a great make-ahead vegan and gluten-free breakfast.
Fall is my favorite season, hands down. The popular PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) is pretty much synonymous with fall at this point, especially if you live in the United States. So one day I thought, why not combine the fall-favorite drink with breakfast? Enter: Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN OVERNIGHT OATS
Not only do I love the autumn weather, but I also love the flavors of fall – think warming spices, hearty grains, ….and pumpkin. Always pumpkin.
These hearty vegan overnight oats are mixed with creamy pumpkin puree, sweet maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice for a cozy and easy breakfast that tastes almost as good as dessert. The addition of brewed coffee adds the “latte” flavor and a fun twist, but you can also leave it out if it’s not your thing. This recipe is also a great source of fiber, thanks to oats and healthy pureed squash.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
I’m perfectly content snuggling up on the couch with a bowl of oatmeal, mug of tea, and a cozy blanket while I watch the leaves turn orange and gold from my window. This easy recipe comes together quickly, leaving you time to do more of that!
- Whisk the wet ingredients together
- Stir in the dry ingredients, then let sit for a few minutes until thick and creamy.
- Divide between jars or your favorite storage container and top as desired. Enjoy immediately, or place in the refrigerator for later!
FAQ + COOKING TIPS:
- Can I make these on the stovetop? Absolutely! See the recipe notes for the cooked variation.
- Substitutions: I prefer to use ground flax seed for my overnight oatmeal, but chia seeds will work as well. Maple syrup can also be replaced with brown sugar, if you’d like!
- I don’t have pumpkin pie spice… that’s okay, you can simply make your own by combining cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. See the recipe notes for more details.
- How long do overnight oats last? Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days; I like to keep mine in individual mason jars. You can also pre-portion them into baggies and freeze for up to 2 months, reheating on the stove or in the microwave as necessary.
- Suggested Toppings: sliced bananas, blueberries, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, chocolate chips, peanut butter, or almond butter would all be delicious with this oatmeal!
I just can’t get enough of these Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats! They have the best creamy texture, are packed with fall flavor, and are perfect for an easy meal prep.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oatmeal
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats are hearty, nutritious, spiced, & ready in 15 minutes. Packed with fall flavor for a tasty vegan breakfast.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 to 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cup (160 g) rolled oats; gluten-free if necessary
- 2 cup (160 g) quick-cooking oats (for a creamier texture, or use more rolled)
- 1/3 cup (42 g) ground flax seed
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can pumpkin puree (about 1 3/4 cups if using homemade)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3–4 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 2 cup (475 ml) brewed coffee (or sub more milk)
- 1 cup (235 ml) non-dairy milk; I used coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Juice of half a lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Optional: toppings of choice
- Pumpkin Mix: add the coffee, non-dairy milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Oatmeal: add in the oats and ground flax, then mix well. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to thicken, then divide it evenly among mason jars or similar containers. Top as desired.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Oatmeal: I like to use a combination of quick-cooking and rolled oats in this recipe as I find it gives a creamier texture. You can use both, or simply choose one. Make sure to purchase certified gluten-free oats if you are gluten-free.
- Substitutions: Ground Flax Seeds may be substituted for Chia Seeds. Maple syrup can be replaced with your sweetener of preference, such as brown sugar or agave. If you are using granulated sugar, make sure it completely dissolves before adding the dry ingredients! I have not tested this recipe with stevia or other artificial sweeteners, but I believe it would work; just add enough to reach your desired flavor.
- Stovetop instructions: add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat with an additional 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Mix well and bring to a simmer; once simmering, reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your texture preference.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: if you do not have a pumpkin spice blend, use 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves and nutmeg instead.
Keywords: pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin overnight oatmeal, pumpkin oats
This post was updated in October 2021 with more descriptive text, but no recipe alterations.