This post is sponsored by Nature’s Path.
This Vegan Banoffee Ice Cream Pie is made of only 4 ingredients and has a crunchy, gluten-free crust made of cereal to create an indulgent but healthy treat
As you may know, From My Bowl was originally created to share easy plant based recipes, so that a vegan lifestyle can be more accessible for everyone.
And who doesn’t love ice cream?!
Out of all of the Banoffee Pies out there, this Vegan Banoffee Ice Cream Pie is pretty darn good for you…but still tastes delicious. And magical! You only need to toss 4 simple ingredients in your food processor to create the creamy pie center.
Can we also take a moment to appreciate this crunchy, golden crust? I decided to keep things both nut free and gluten free (so everyone can enjoy) and used the Vanilla Sunrise cereal from Nature’s Path! Nature’s Path has a wide variety of Vegetarian and Vegan products – that all happen to be Organic, which I love – that can help you easily transition into a plant based diet.
To help make your journey even easier, Nature’s Path has also released a FREE Guide to a Plant Based Diet! This book is full of helpful food swaps, grocery lists, and vegan cooking tips. I actually used a few of them to create this recipe!
If you’d like to download the guide, follow this link here.
Before we get into the recipe, let me leave you with a few final thoughts:
- I used a Springform Pan to make this ice cream cake, but if you don’t have one, you can use a baking sheet instead! Just line it with parchment paper, and once the cake has solidified, cut it into ice cream bars instead
- Make sure you use really ripe bananas! They contribute to most of the sweetness of the pie, so the more brown spots, the better. I always keep a bag of frozen ones in my freezer, but if you don’t be sure to freeze yours overnight before making this recipe
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe! I kept things pretty simple, but you could add in frozen berries, cacao powder, or even some chocolate chips to make this pie even tastier.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo of it on Instagram and tag me @frommybowl + #frommybowl so I can see your hard work!
Vegan Banoffee Ice Cream Pie with Cereal Crust
For the Date Caramel: (makes about 1 cup)
- 1 packed cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Filtered Water
- 1/2 tbsp Maca Powder (optional, adds more Caramel flavor)
- Pinch of Salt
For the Crust:
- 1/3 cup Date Caramel, above
- 3 cup Nature's Path Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla Cereal
For the Banana Cream:
- 4 Ripe Bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (I used the remainder of a 5.4 fl oz can)
- Remaining Date Caramel, above
Pit your Medjool Dates, place them in a bowl, then cover with hot water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then drain.
Add the soaked Dates and all remaining ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender. Process until creamy, then remove and set aside. Clean and dry the Food Processor.
Return the Food Processor to its base, then add in 3 cups of Cereal. Pulse until finely chopped, then place into a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the Date Caramel to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly distributed and sticky
Finally, add the Frozen Bananas and Coconut Cream to the same food processor or blender, processing until creamy. Add this mixture to a large bowl and swirl in the date caramel.
Press the Cereal Crust evenly and firmly into the base of a springform pan. Pour the Banana Cream mixture over the top of it, and then place in the freezer for 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Remove from the freezer and allow the Pie to "thaw" for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. Store any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
If you do not have a springform pan, you can make this pie into bars by using a 8x8 Baking Pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
Want to save this Vegan Banoffee Ice Cream Pie for later? Feel free to Pin this image below: