Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie is all of your warm & cozy carrot cake dreams packed into a sweet & creamy springtime smoothie! The perfect dairy-free and vegan breakfast.
This Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie is PACKED with flavor and all loaded up with your favorite warming carrot cake spices. All the fresh flavors of the classic springtime dessert are now transformed into your new favorite breakfast smoothie!
Carrot Cake is known and loved for good reason. I mean..who doesn’t drool over the sweet and moist spice cake full of warm, nutty flavor, and slathered in creamy icing?! That is why this Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie is one of my new favorites — it mixes the sweet, nutty, and warming flavors of carrot cake with the creamy sweetness of a full-fat plant-based milk that transports your taste buds to that first bite of a fresh-baked slice of carrot cake!
INGREDIENTS + INSPIRATION
The ingredients for this recipe are accessible, budget-friendly, and will keep in your kitchen for quite a while, so you can enjoy Carrot Cake Smoothies all spring long! ???? It seems like everybody likes their carrot cake a little bit different. That’s why a mind-blowing carrot cake smoothie like this one has to be totally customizable!
The tangy fruit base can be made with either pineapple (for a bit of zing!) or some extra banana for more sweetness and fluffy texture. You get to choose how you achieve the perfect creamy, hearty texture by blending in either walnuts or pecans. When it comes to the warming spices—ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla will make this smoothie delicious enough as-is, but if you like your carrot cake with an extra kick of clove and/or nutmeg, feel free to add a pinch! And finally, use either oat milk or coconut milk for the sweet & creamy liquid base.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE SMOOTHIE
Does it get any easier than this Carrot Cake Smoothie recipe? I think not! And if it wasn’t already completely fuss-free, you can save even more morning prep-time by grating your carrots the night before and sticking them in the freezer so they’re ready to go as soon as you wake up in the morning. Bonus points if you freeze them with the bananas and pineapple too – then all you have to do is dump and blend! ???? A delicious springtime breakfast or midday snack that’s ready in 1-2-3:
- Grate the carrots, then add to a blender with the banana, pineapple, walnuts/pecans, lemon, vanilla, plant milk, and all of your spices.
- Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Pour into a glass or travel mug and enjoy immediately!
This Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie is the perfect smoothie to wake up to or to enjoy on a sunny afternoon between meals. It’s best served fresh, so pour yourself a big glass, pop in a stainless steel straw, and sit on your patio or in front of your window, and soak in all of the goodness ????
If you’re looking for more delicious smoothies and drinks to welcome in the warmer weather, you’ll also love this Golden Milk Mango Smoothie, this Pineapple Mint Smoothie, and this Watermelon Slushie Recipe!
Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1 to 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup (95 g) grated carrot; about 2 medium
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (60 g) frozen pineapple (or sub another 1/2 banana)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) walnuts or pecans 25g
- Juice of 1/2 a small lemon; about 1–2 tablespoons
- 1/4–1/2” pice of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2–2 cups* full-fat oat or coconut milk
- Optional: pinch of cloves and/or nutmeg, handful of ice
- Prep: Grate the carrot; if you’d like to save time in the morning, grate the carrot the night before and stick it in the fridge or freezer (for a slightly thicker smoothie) overnight.
- Blend: add the carrot, banana, pineapple, walnuts or pecans, lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, milk, and optional spices or ice to the blender. Blend on high for at least 45 to 60 seconds, until the smoothie is creamy and all of the fruit has been blended.
- Serve: pour into a glass or travel mug, then enjoy! This smoothie is best enjoyed immediately.
- Non-dairy milk: start with only 1 1/2 cups of milk for a thicker smoothie (use only 1 for a super thick shake!), or 2 for a thinner drink.
- Sweetener: I found this smoothie sweet enough as-is, though if you’d like it sweeter you could add maple syrup to taste; I’d start with 2-3 teaspoons.
- Protein Powder: this smoothie would work well with 1 serving of vanilla-flavored protein powder; no need to adjust the liquid in the smoothie, it will just make the final texture slightly thicker!
- Nut-Free: if you have a nut allergy you can swap the walnuts or pecans with coconut for a still creamy and yummy flavor 🙂
Keywords: vegan smoothie, carrot cake smoothie, dairy free carrot cake smoothie, healthy carrot cake smoothie, spring vegan smoothies