Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry with Crispy Tofu is made using only 8 ingredients + just over 30 minutes! An Asian-inspired dish that’s crunchy, garlicky, and perfectly spicy!
It’s green bean season and my backyard garden is currently exploding with them. I decided to make this Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry with Crispy Tofu one night after realizing I NEEDED to come up with some tasty ways to enjoy a whole lot of green beans!
As tempted as I was to throw them all into a green bean casserole, I wanted a dish that would highlight the delicious crunch of freshly sautéed green beans. This garlicky green bean stir fry is cooked just enough so that every bite is tender & juicy, but still has that perfect crunch! 🙂
INGREDIENTS + INSPIRATION
This quick and easy Asian-inspired recipe is made from simple ingredients that pack a BIG punch. Spicy garlic & ginger oil coats each green bean, leaving you with massive amounts of flavor! I’d say it’s most similar to a dry Chinese-style stir fry, but with my own personal twist.
The crispy tofu in this recipe is a quick & even easier version of my Crispy Tofu that’s already on the blog. I used super firm tofu and diced it a little finer for this recipe, so it would bake faster in the oven. The super firm tofu is already pre-pressed and ready to go, whereas extra firm tofu has a higher water content. You can definitely still get away with using extra firm tofu here, just be sure to press as much of the liquid out as you can.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC GREEN BEAN STIR FRY WITH CRISPY TOFU
Making a stir fry is always so satisfying for two reasons: 1) it smells amazing, and 2) it never takes long to make! In fact, the secret to a great stir fry is to cook it quickly. First, you cook the aromatics (like the garlic and ginger), then quickly cook the stir fry veggies until just tender. And as the name suggests, you’ll want to stir it often to make sure everything gets cooked evenly. 🙂
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the tofu and soy sauce in a large bowl until evenly coated, then add the nutritional yeast and toss again until coated. Spread the tofu across the baking sheet and bake.
- In a sauté pan or wok, add the garlic and ginger to warm oil and sauté, then add the green beans and continue to sauté. Once the green beans are evenly cooked, turn off the heat and add soy sauce to the pan and stir well. Stir in optional chili oil or sesame seeds.
- Divide onto serving plates and enjoy!
This quick & easy Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry with Crispy Tofu is the perfect weeknight meal to throw together in a hurry. Serve it on its own, or serve it alongside rice (my favorite) or even noodles! You can also add extra veggies if you’d like—bell pepper, onion, or maybe some mushrooms would be a delicious addition to the spicy ginger and garlicky flavors of this dish! This stir fry can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, so feel free to prep it ahead of time for easy weekday lunches or fuss-free dinners.
Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry with Crispy Tofu
This Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry with Crispy Tofu is made with only 8 ingredients + just over 30 minutes! An Asian-inspired dish that’s crunchy, garlicky, and perfectly spicy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
For the Crispy Tofu:
- 16 oz (450 g) super firm tofu*, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
For the Green Beans:
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 16 ounces (450 g) green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Chili oil, for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice or noodles, for serving (optional)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake the Tofu: add the tofu to a bowl and toss with the soy sauce; once absorbed, add in the nutritional yeast and mix until evenly coated. Spread the tofu across the baking sheet, then bake in the top rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Green Beans: warm the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 45 seconds. Add the green beans to the pan and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook them evenly. Finally, turn the heat off and add the soy sauce to the pan, stirring well until all of the beans are coated. Add any additional soy sauce to taste, if necessary. You can also stir in chili oil or sesame seeds at this point, if using.
- Serve: Divide the tofu and green beans on serving plates and serve warm. Serve over rice, or as desired. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Tofu: I recommend using super firm tofu, which is pre-pressed and gets crispy faster in the oven. You can also use extra firm tofu, but I recommend pre-pressing it first for a firmer texture.
Keywords: green bean stir fry, vegan stir fry, garlic green beans