Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
These Grilled Pesto Tofu Sliders are bright, herby, and seared to crispy perfection! Every bite of this handheld main is packed with fresh summer flavor. Optionally Gluten-Free.
This post is sponsored by Nasoya.
These Grilled Pesto Tofu Sliders have the perfect flavor + texture combination for a mini sandwich that packs a punch of freshness! Pesto-slathered tofu slices get grilled to crisp perfection and topped with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and fresh greens, then placed inside brushed & toasted ciabatta buns. Whether you’re entertaining guests, or you just really enjoy the cuteness of handheld sliders, this recipe is for you. It’s super easy to make and comes together in no time, but quickly turns into a picturesque dish to impress! Especially with those crispy seared tofu edges, so good!
INGREDIENTS + INSPIRATION
This recipe uses my favorite Super Firm Tofu from Nasoya! The firm, pre-pressed texture of this tofu means it can be sliced right away (!!!) and holds up wonderfully on the grill—no crumbling or falling apart! I love using Nasoya products because they are organic, high-quality, and always taste great! You can find their Super Firm Tofu near you using their convenient store locator.
Once you’ve got your tofu, all you’ll need is ciabatta rolls, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and a fresh batch of vegan pesto! I used my super quick & easy Nut-Free Vegan Pesto for these sliders, but you can opt for a store-bought plant-based pesto if you’d like to cut down even more on prep-time. I also have an insider tip for making the best toasted ciabatta buns, just see step #2 below 🙂
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED PESTO TOFU SLIDERS
Making your own pesto-drenched sliders might sound super intimidating and time-consuming, but the entire process is practically fuss-free! Everything comes together using only 6 budget-friendly ingredients and just 3 simple steps:
- Slice the Nasoya tofu into 6 thick slices and transfer to a ziploc bag or large container, then add the pesto and gently toss until coated. Let marinate for at least 20 mins, or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to 350-400F, then place the marinated tofu directly on the grill, close, and cook for 3-5 mins. Open the grill, flip the tofu, and cook for another 3-5 mins. Pro tip: brush your burger buns with oil from the sun-dried tomatoes then grill them cut-side down for a nice char! You can also toast the buns in a pan over medium low heat.
- Transfer everything to a cooling rack, then fill each bun with the grilled tofu, arugula, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and leftover pesto from the marinade bag. Enjoy warm!
Sliders are perfect for grill days since they’re filling, but because of their miniature size, still light enough to enjoy lots of other foods with! You can pack your plate full of finger foods and yummy side dishes, and still leave room for a pesto slider (or two 😉). These Pesto Tofu Sliders are best when served fresh off the grill, but you can keep any leftover tofu in the fridge for up to 5 days, then assemble and enjoy as desired!
I’ve loved @Nasoya tofu since my early days as a vegan—they really do make some of the tastiest tofu! And with so many different varieties to choose from, they make the recipe possibilities endless. I’ve used their silken tofu to make some insanely delicious vegan custards and puddings, and their firm varieties are perfect for making crispy fried tofu, or hearty sliders like these!
If you’re looking for more fun ways to use @Nasoya tofu, you’ll also love this Black Pepper Tofu Stir Fry and these Vegan Berry Tarts with Vanilla Custard! Nasoya also has some yummy pre-flavored tofu + veggie packs that I use in my favorite One Pot Cheesy “Beef” Pasta!
Grilled Pesto Tofu Sliders
These Grilled Pesto Sliders are bright, herby, and seared to crispy perfection! Every bite of this handheld main is packed with fresh summer flavor. Optionally Gluten-Free. This post is sponsored by Nasoya.
- Prep: Slice the Nasoya tofu into 6 thick slices, then transfer to a ziploc bag or large container. Add the pesto to the bag/bowl and gently toss, until the tofu is coated. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes, or let sit in the fridge overnight. In the meantime, preheat the grill to medium-high (350F to 400F).
- Grill: Place the tofu on the grill, close the grill, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Open the grill, flip the tofu, and place the buns cut-side down* on the grill for a nice char. Grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer everything to a cooling rack.
- Assemble: Fill each roll with a piece of grilled tofu, arugula, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and leftover pesto from the marinade bag. Serve warm; leftover tofu will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Toasted Buns: I like to brush my buns with the leftover oil from the can of sundried tomatoes, but you can also dry toast them.