Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
You’ll never guess these No-Bake Rocky Road Brownies are dairy & gluten-free! They’re sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings and are perfect for parties.
Question: Have you ever met a brownie that you didn’t like?
Correct Answer: Nope
Seriously, though — what’s not to love about a fudgy and rich chocolate square of heaven?
I have this “thing” where it’s hard for me to make simple recipes. I always want to add in a dash of this, a splash of that, and a sprinkle of something in order to make the recipe more “sophisticated” or flavorful.
So when I tried to make some no bake brownies, they suddenly became no-bake Rocky Road Brownies. Whoops?
Apparently the flavor of “Rocky Road” varies on what area of the world you are from, but it usually involves chocolate, marshmallows, and some form of nut. This recipe has 3 different nuts, so I think we are all covered on that front!
And in case I haven’t convinced you to make this recipe yet, guess what? These brownies are actually (relatively) healthy. Most brownie recipes are loaded with oil and animal products, which we know are not good for us. These brownies are sweetened naturally with dates and made fudgy and creamy with peanut butter — if you left out the marshmallows, I would have no reservations about eating a couple of these as a healthy breakfast.Print
No-Bake Rocky Road Brownies
You’ll never guess these No-Bake Rocky Road Brownies are dairy and gluten-free! This healthy dessert will totally satisfy your chocolate cravings, and is great for parties too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 brownies 1x
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegan Marshmallows, divided
- 2 tbsp Walnut Pieces
- 2 tbsp Slivered Almonds
- Soak the pitted Dates in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain, but save the water.
- Add the drained Dates, Peanut Butter, Plant Milk, and Vanilla Extract to a food processor or high-speed blender, processing until a smooth paste forms.
- Next, add in the Cacao Powder and Buckwheat Flour. Blend until a dough forms; if the dough is too thick, add in the liquid from the soaked Dates in 1 tbsp increments until it reaches your desired consistency, but keep in mind the mix should be thick and not too sticky.
- Finally, pulse in 2 tablespoons of Vegan Marshmallows.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and press the batter into it evenly. Note: It helps to have your hands wet for this step!
- Sprinkle the Walnut Pieces, Slivered Almonds, and Remaining Marshmallows on top of the Brownie mixture, then gently press the pieces into the batter.
- Store in the fridge for 30 min before slicing into 8 equal pieces. If there are any leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
“Dandies” makes a great Vegan Marshmallow, and Trader Joes sells some as well!
I have not tested this recipe with any other flours, and thus do not recommend substitutions for the Buckwheat Flour.
Want to save these Rocky Road Brownies for later? Pin them to your Pinterest boards using the following images: