These One Bowl Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins are perfect for an easy on-the-go breakfast! They’re also Gluten Free, Oil Free, and Refined Sugar-Free.
Dessert for breakfast? I’ll never say no to that 😉
These Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins are subtly sweet, perfectly spiced, and a healthier version of a classic dessert.
Heck, considering these are made with wholesome ingredients and no refined sugars, I’d say they’re perfect for any time of day. Plus, you only need one bowl to make them!
I like my baked goods with a little bite + texture to them, so it’s no surprise that I love Carrot Cake. Not only are these fluffy muffins abso-freakin-lutely delicious, but they’re Gluten Free too! Which, if we’re being honest here, is no easy feat 😉
Also, most Carrot Cake is usually loaded with Sugar and Butter. However, I decided to take a different route with these muffins. They’re subtly sweet, thanks to some Maple Syrup and the natural sweetness from the Carrots themselves. Plus, I used Almond Butter instead of oils to make them moist (in a good way) and flavorful!
A Few Final Thoughts:
- This recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins, but if you would like them to be larger or “bakery style”, it will make 8 instead.
- Some Carrot Cake contains Raisins, but I know how some people feel about those 😉 If you are a fan, you can fold in 1/3 cup with the shredded Carrot.
- These muffins are great for Meal Prep, and also freeze well! Just thaw before enjoying — unless you like eating solid bricks of ice…. (<– that was a joke. Please don’t try them while still frozen)
These Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins are perfect for an easy on-the-go breakfast! They’re also Gluten Free, Oil Free, and Refined Sugar-Free.
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 6 Tbsp Water
- 1 ½ cups Oat Flour
- ¼ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Carrot
- ⅓ cup Walnuts, chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the Ground Flax and Water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add all of the Flours, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, and Salt to a bowl. Mix well, and form a “well” in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the Flax Egg, Maple Syrup, Almond Butter, Plant Milk, and Vanilla Extract into the center of the well. Mix these ingredients together, and slowly incorporate the dry mix into the wet, until a thick batter forms.
- Next, fold in the shredded Carrot and Walnuts until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into a greased or lined muffin tray – this will make 12 normal sized muffins or 8 jumbo muffins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days, the fridge for up to 7, or the freezer for one month.
- Ground Flax may be substituted for ground Chia Seeds
- I have not tested this recipe with any other flour combination, and thus do not recommend substitutions – try at your own risk!
- Maple Syrup may be substituted for another liquid sweetener
- Almond Butter may be substituted for another Nut or Seed Butter of choice – just keep in mind that this will affect the final flavor.
Want to save these Carrot Cake Muffins for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: