Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Vegan-Friendly Holiday Gift Guide is not only great for your friends and family, but the planet too! Here are my top gift picks for this holiday season. *Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something through one of these links, I earn a portion of the sales at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting From My Bowl 🙂
It’s now mid-November, which means we all should probably start our gift shopping for friends and loved ones. Maybe you’re the kind of person who starts planning your Christmas wish list on December 26th…but if you’re like me, you’re more likely to put it off until the last minute (oops).
While I don’t plan too far ahead, I’m actually pretty dang good at picking out gifts for my friends/family. I typically favor practical (but still fun) objects or experiences over use-once-and-done frills, which is definitely reflected in this gift guide. I decided to divide everything by genre to make it a little bit easier for you, but I think you’ll be able to find something in here for everyone!
And, of course, everything is Vegan-friendly. I tried to feature some of my favorite sustainable, eco-friendly, and natural brands as well. I either own, have purchased, or would really like to own all of these items! (Mom, take note…)
For the Self-Care Fiend:
- Franklin and Whitman Products: 100% Vegan and All-Natural Skincare Company. My absolute favorite products are the Oak Lane Face Mask, the Laurel Hill Facial Toner, and the Mount Airy Body Serum. They also sell larger care kits if you want to get more bang for your buck, and you can always use code CAITLIN for 20% off of your purchase 🙂
- Essential Oil Diffuser: a great natural alternative to artificial candles. Plus it’s fun to experiment with different oils and make your own custom blends! I use this illuminated diffuser in my bedroom and love how it changes colors.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp: they’re supposedly supposed to release negative ions in the air to help increase your levels of serotonin, but I just think they look cool. Note: If you live near a HomeGoods or TJ Maxx, I sometimes find some there at a cheaper price!
- Water Pik: I know a water flosser isn’t the sexiest thing you can gift someone, but I LOVE mine and would have happily received it as a gift. Plus, clean teeth = better breath, which could be beneficial for you in the long run 😉
- Dry Brush: again, not the most lavish gift out there, but I use mine every day and love it! Some brush bristles are not Vegan, but this one has cruelty-free bristles as well as a longer handle to reach your back.
- Pranamat: I use this acupressure mat after yoga or right before I go to bed! I love to use it on my upper back, but it’s also great on your feet after a long day.
- Alpen Organics CBD: my favorite CBD brand, all of Alpen products are Organic and Palm Oil Free! I would recommend either the 1000mg tincture or the 1000 mg Body Cream (if you’re looking for topical pain relief). You can also use code “frommybowl” for 30% off your order!
For the Cook:
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and have more gadgets and doo-dads than I’d like to admit. These, however, are my absolute favorite items:
- Mandoline: using a Mandoline to thinly slice your Vegetables is a game changer in the kitchen – it’s way more precise, and has saved me a ton of time too. I like this one because it has adjustable slicing settings. Just be sure to use the safety guard, or purchase some cut-resistant gloves to avoid slicing your fingers.
- A Good Blender: It’s everyone dream to own a Vitamix (and I truly do love mine), but the Ninja DUO is also a great, more affordable option! I used this Mini Food Processor + Bullet Blender combination for all of my recipes up until this Summer and was always impressed with its power.
- Ceramics: because a pretty, handmade plate somehow makes your food taste even better 😉 I would recommend either Ogusky Ceramics or Earth and Element for plates, bowls, and mugs – I’ve purchased items from both shops and am always happy with the quality.
- HomeGoods Gift Card: I purchase most of the rest of my plates, flatware, and serving trays from HomeGoods. Sometimes you have to do a little digging, but you can find some really beautiful and unique pieces there!
For the Foodie:
Maybe you like to eat but don’t want to spend lots of time in the kitchen, or are just looking to try something new! Either way, here are my favorite food-related items for gifting:
- Rishi Tea + Simple Brew: Rishi is my absolute favorite tea company, and I love their high-quality blends. I drink their Turmeric Ginger tea almost daily, and would also highly recommend Valerian Dream, Peppermint Sage, and Mystic Mint! If you’re a fan of loose leaf tea, I also think one of their Simple Brews would be a great gift idea – it makes brewing your cup a piece of cake.
- Hu Kitchen or Taza Chocolate: because who doesn’t love chocolate? If you’re looking for good vegan varieties, a bar from either Hu Kitchen or Taza is how I love to #treatmyself
- Miami Fruit: ever wanted to try all of those obscure, tropical fruits you can’t find in the grocery store? Now you can, with Miami Fruit! I’d recommend ordering a variety box (or simply getting a gift card) so you can sample a little bit of everything. (Use code CAITLIN for 5% off your order!)
- Imperfect Produce / Hungry Harvest Gift Card: for the veggie lovers in your life! Both of these companies repurpose “imperfect” or overbought produce and deliver them to your door, at a discounted price. You can also customize your weekly box to best fit your needs! Both IP and HH serve different areas of the US, and if you’re still not covered by one of them, I’m sure there are other smaller local companies that do this too!
- Vegan Cuts Subscription: if you’re looking to try out new Vegan Snacks every month, Vegan Cuts is the perfect subscription box for you! Each box has 10-13 fun vegan products ranging from well-known favorites to new-to-the-market products!
- Thrive Market Subscription: if your friend is a healthy foodie and you don’t know what to give them, I’d recommend a yearly subscription to Thrive Market! That way they can get all of their favorite healthy snacks and natural home products delivered straight to their door, at prices up to 25% below the standard grocery store
- Stasher Bags: these eco-friendly bags are a great alternative to single-use plastic! They come in a variety of fun colors, are dishwasher and freezer safe, and are easy to open/close too.
- Healthy Human Reusable Tumbler: this insulated tumbler is perfect for taking your hot beverages on the go, or ordering them out! I take the 20 oz. one with me almost everywhere I go.
For the Mover:
These are my favorite tools and items that I use in my daily movement!
- Manduka PRO Mat: I’ve tried my fair share of yoga mats, and my Manduka PRO is by far my favorite. I use it every single day when I practice, and love how it has a lifetime guarantee.
- Yoga Bolster: this is one of those things that is really nice to have, but a lot of people don’t think to buy. There are a lot of fun styles and patterns out there, which makes it an easy gift to personalize too!
- SONY Bluetooth Headphones: these are definitely a larger ticket item, but I use my SONY headphones every day, whether I’m cleaning around the house, sitting by my computer, or out on a walk. The noise cancelling is great for plane rides, and I love the touch-to-play capabilities of this vs. similar Bose models.
- Spotify / Audible Subscription: because (1) listening to music without commercials is about 1000x better, and (2) sometimes you run out of podcasts to listen to while you’re on your walk or at the gym. Both are pretty affordable, too!
- Light Alarm Clock: while not necessarily related to activity, this light-based alarm clock gets me moving out of bed in a much more peaceful way than a standard, blaring alarm 😉 You can set up to 2 alarms and adjust the brightness + sounds of each one!
For the …Fashionista?:
I don’t claim to be über stylish in any way/shape/form, but here are some of my favorite vegan-friendly clothes and accessories…
- Mara Mma Bags: my favorite vegan handbag line that is both stylish and functional! I love my Cecil Sunshine Tote and Mandy Crossbody Bag. (Use code “fmb10” for a 10% discount)
- Canopy Verde: another great option for cruelty-free bags! I use my Delancey Vegan Wallet daily, and take my Cassia Canvas Weekender on almost every long trip.
- Native Shoes: my favorite casual vegan shoe brand – I love the wide variety of styles!
- Tastemaker Supply: well-made vegan boots that are just as comfortable as they are stylish. (Use code CAITLIN10 for 10% off)
- Outdoor Voices: hands-down my favorite activewear brand, I love OV’s stylish sets as well as their mission to encourage everyone to keep #DoingThings. Click this link to get $20 off your first purchase of $100+!
- Noize Original: the most stylish vegan winter coats I ever did see! Not only do they look great, but they actually keep you warm too 😉 (Use code “frommybowl” for 15% off)
- Bombas Socks: if you are going to give someone socks for Christmas, check out Bombas. For every pair you purchase, one is donated to someone in need! Click this link for 25% off of your first purchase.
- TenTree: 10 trees are planted for every item of clothing that you purchase – you can even choose the region where they are planted!
- Jewels by SJB: my favorite vegan jewelry that I never take off (literally!). I love the delicate designs and simple yet stunning detail. (Use code CAITLIN for 10% off)
For the #Aesthetic:
To be honest I wasn’t sure what genre these items fit into, but thought they were too good not to share:
- Bedding from Coyuchi: a higher ticket item, but so so worth it. Coyuchi makes organic and sustainably sourced bedding and linens – so not only do they feel amazing on your skin, but they’re great for the planet too!
- Dreamy Moons Artwork: my insta-friend Annie makes beautiful moon-inspired prints and artwork. I have several of her prints, and get asked where they are from all the time!
- Pretty much anything from Society 6: Society 6 has a wide variety of coffee mugs, artwork, pillows, laptop cases – you name it! Every purchase supports the artist who created your design. I personally love my vegan-friendly laptop sleeve!
- 3 Potato 4 LetterBoard: because doesn’t everyone need a fun Letterboard to put their favorite quote from The Office on?
- Chickpea Magazine: an all-vegan, ad-free quarterly publication that is just so dang cute and thoughtfully put together. You can order online issues, or opt in to have print ones shipped to you as well!
Budget-Friendly Gift Ideas:
Some of the best gifts I have received cost next to nothing at all – it’s much more about the intention behind it! There are about a million and two DIY gift idea on Pinterest already, but here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Make Recipe “Kits”: by adding all of the dry ingredients for a recipe to a cute mason jar + making a recipe card to go with it that includes the necessary wet ingredients + instructions. You can do this with pretty much any recipe out there on the internet, but my Pumpkin Bread or Peanut Butter Cup Granola would both be great for this 🙂
- “Date Night” Pack: get an affordable bottle of wine (or beer), a gift card to the grocery store, and make a cute little card offering to cook your loved one (or friend) a fancy-ish dinner and have a relaxing night in.
- “Experience” Cards: I always made these for my parents as a kid, but would still love to receive them today. Use some craft paper to make handmade “coupons” for things like a free massage, hug, walk outside, or even dish-washing or laundry-folding. Your friend or loved one can redeem them at the time that works best for them 🙂
- Plants: are usually pretty affordable, especially when small! Check your local hardware store or nursery for plants that will best survive in your current climate. If you’re feeling a little extra fancy or local to NYC, I’d also recommend getting someone a gift card to The Sill!
- Books: can also be pretty affordable, and are a great way to share something that YOU love with someone else that you love too. Some of the books that I enjoyed this year are The Alchemist, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, You are a Badass, and The Four Agreements.
And that’s it! If you have a vegan-friendly gift idea that you think should be on this list, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below 🙂