Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This One-Pot Chipotle, Pumpkin, & Chickpea Curry comes together in under 30 minutes
and is a great hearty and satisfying lunch or dinner meal.
This post is sponsored by All-Clad.
There’s nothing quite like a bowl of warm and hearty Curry on a chilly day, am I right?
Well this curry takes it one step further – not only is it absolutely delicious, but you can literally make the entire recipe using only one kitchen appliance.
When All-Clad reached out to me and asked me if I would like to develop a recipe using their all new Prep&Cook, I jumped at the opportunity! This compact machine is unlike anything else I have ever used before – it can chop, grind, blend, and heat your food – all in bowl. Considering my tiny Miami apartment has very limited counter space, this new Prep&Cook is a perfect counter-saving alternative.
Back to Curry though. This Chickpea Curry is my take on the Classic Chana Masala – while the base recipe is very similar, I decided to give this classic recipe a little twist by adding:
- Chipotle Powder, to spice things up a bit.
- Pumpkin Puree, because it’s almost fall…need I say more?
- Whole Cherry Tomatoes, which give a wonderful flavor explosion.
- And finally, fresh Spinach, because we all could use some extra green in our lives 😉
All you have to do is throw everything in the All-Clad Prep&Cook, set it, and forget it. Plus, this recipe comes together in just under 30 minutes – talk about an easy meal! If you don’t yet have a Prep&Cook, I’ll include stovetop instructions in the recipe notes as well.
A Few Final Thoughts:
- I opted to serve my curry with some Quinoa, but it’s also filling enough to stand alone.
- This meal is perfect for Meal Prep, and will last up to 7 days in the fridge. You could store it in your freezer too for an even longer shelf life!
- If you don’t like to bite into whole Cherry Tomatoes, you can opt to slice them in half before adding them to the vegetable mixture as well.
Looking for more one-pot recipes? You may want to check out this One Pot Mexican Quinoa and One Pot Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa!Print
Chipotle, Pumpkin, and Chickpea Curry (Vegan)
This One-Pot Chipotle, Pumpkin, & Chickpea Curry comes together in under 30 minutes and is a great hearty and satisfying lunch or dinner meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Jalapeños, seeds removed*
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, Minced
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 15 oz cans Garbanzo Beans
- 3/4 cup Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 lb. Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- Remove the cores and seeds from the Red Bell Pepper and Jalapeño Peppers.
- Add the Bell Pepper, Jalapeños, Onion, and Garlic to the Prep & Cook with the universal blade. Pulse until finely combined; this should create some liquid, so it will be easier to sauté the veggies without using oil.
- Switch the universal blade for the mixing attachment, then select the machines “Simmer” option, P3 (20 Minutes).
- Sauté the pulsed vegetable mixture for 3 minutes, then add in the dry spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot, except for the Spinach. Using a spatula, mix the Curry until everything is well-combined. Reseal the lid on the Prep & Cook and simmer for an additional 15 minutes – this should be the time remaining on the P3 countdown.
- Once 15 minutes have elapsed, turn the heat off and gently fold in the fresh Spinach; the heat of the curry will wilt and cook the leaves.
- Serve as-is, or with any grain of choice. Leftovers will keep well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you do not have a Prep&Cook, simply pulse the Red Pepper, Jalapeños, Onion, and Garlic together using a food processor, then transfer to a large pot. Sautee over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then follow the remaining directions accordingly. Just be sure to stir the curry mixture occasionally as it simmers, so it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
* If you would like this dish to be spicier, you may leave some of the Jalapeño seeds in the pepper when processing.
If you end up making this recipe and post a photo on Instagram, be sure to tag me @frommybowl + #frommybowl so I can see your beautiful recreations!
Want to save this Chipotle, Pumpkin, and Chickpea Curry for later? Pin It using the following image:
Do you think it would be possible to make this in an instant pot?
I believe that it would, but am not sure on the cooking time or the liquid adjustments. Unfortunately I think you’d have to do a bit of experimentation!
Amazing like always!
Love it! I would like to try it but is there any substitute for the pumpkin you can think of?
The recipe will be different, but you could sub with sweet potato mash or another can of diced or crushed tomatoes!
My new favorite meal!! So simple and full of flavor??
Could you make more recipes with the food processor?
It’s the same as a very popular one in France and vegan recipes are hard to find for it (well, France…)
Have a good day
This was so easy and delicious! Definitely will be a staple curry in our house! I love that it uses things that we most always have on hand. Thanks Caitlin!
So glad you enjoyed it Krystal! 🙂
I just made this for dinner and my husband and I loved it!! The pumpkin combined with the chipotle is sooo good. Thanks for the recipe!
so glad you enjoyed it Rebecca! 🙂