Crunchy Cucumber Dill Salad
This Cucumber Dill Salad is crisp, delicious, & made with only 5 ingredients! The perfect vegan & gluten-free side for barbecues, potlucks, & summer picnics.
- Author: Caitlin Shoemaker
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced (or sub Pickled Red Onions for an extra kick)
- 1/3 cup (5 g) fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seed (or 2 tsp grainy mustard)
- large pinch of flaky salt, or to taste
- Add the vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt to the base of a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Toss in the cucumber, onion, and dill and fold into the dressing until everything is well incorporated.
- Allow to sit and marinate at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to combine. You can also let this marinate in the frige for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Serve as desired; this salad is best served fresh, as leftovers will become soggy over time.
- I recommend using a mandoline to slice the cucumber and red onion as thinly as possible
- Red wine vinegar can be replaced with balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or another vinegar of your choice
- Oil-Free: the oil in this recipe helps to coat the vegetables and allow the vinegar and seasonings to stick; you can omit it if you’d like, but don’t be surprised if everything slides to the bottom of the bowl.
Keywords: cucumber salad, spring cucumber salad, easy cucumber salad, cucumber dill salad, vegan cucumber salad