This Curry Kale Salad is hearty, wholesome, and packed with flavor – making it a great side or main!
Vegan, Grain Free, and Nut Free
Introducing: a joyfully addicting salad that’s the perfect balance of hearty, tangy, creamy, and wholesome. Oh yeah, and it’s packed with veggies and plant protein! This Curry Kale Salad is all that, and more…
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY KALE SALAD
This salad has the perfect combination of flavor and texture thanks to a few key ingredients:
- Kale: I prefer lacinato kale, but curly kale will work as well!
- Chickpeas: for some fiber and plant-based protein
- Carrots: add some sweetness and texture to the salad
- Pickled Red Onions: for texture, color, and a nice bite
- Almonds: for crunch and healthy fats
- Raisins: for a hint of sweetness (and nice chewy texture). If you’re not a fan, you can used dried cherries or grapes instead!
- Curry Tahini Dressing: for alllll the creamy goodness, and that curry flavor we all know and love
HOW TO MAKE CURRY KALE SALAD
- De-stem and chop your kale, then massage it in the curry tahini dressing until it’s nice and tender
- Fold in the veggies & crunchies
- Divide into bowls, top with more dressing, and dig in!
This Curry Kale Salad is the perfect way to get some veggies, plant protein, and flavor in without a huge fuss. It comes together in 15 minutes or less, and can be used as a main or side! If you’re looking to bulk it up for a meal, you can also toss in some cooked quinoa, brown rice, or millet.
This Curry Kale Salad is hearty, wholesome, and packed with flavor – making it a great side or main! Vegan, Grain Free, and Nut Free
- Add the chopped kale to a large bowl and pour the dressing over it. Use clean hands to massage the dressing into the kale for 45 to 60 seconds, until the kale is tender and has reduced in volume.
- Fold the carrot, chickpeas, almonds, pickled onions, and raisins into the salad. Once everything is well-incorporated, transfer to serving plates and top with an extra drizzle of dressing.
- Serve as desired; leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Substitutions: raisins can be replaced with dried cherries or fresh grapes, cut in half. Pickled red onions can be replaced with 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion or shallot.
- Meal Prep: I suggest making this recipe with 1/2 cup of the salad dressing, then bringing more in a separate container! The kale can be stored pre-mixed with the dressing and will not wilt. You can also choose to store the slivered almonds separately, as they do soften once mixed into the salad.