This Fall Vegetable Salad is piled high with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Smoky Tempeh, plus drizzled with an Easy Tahini Dressing. YUM!
Do you eat salads year round? If you only consider a salad to be a mix of raw veggies and lettuce, I can see why not.
However, this Fall Vegetable Salad is different! Once you start adding cooked vegetables to your leafy greens, it’s hard to go back. Today we’re celebrating the flavors (and produce) of Fall with some Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Cranberries.
Add a Creamy Tahini Dressing and some Smoky Tempeh on top, and this is a meal you’ll be having on repeat all season long.
I’ve always been a fan of roasted vegetables, so adding them to a salad was a no-brainer for me. I love how this meal is still filling and hearty, but is a lot lighter on my stomach than a heavier grain bowl.
Plus, we get to coat all of our veggies in the same seasoning blend, and bake on one single tray! This makes both prep and clean-up a whole lot easier. You can easily cook the tempeh and prep the dressing while they’re roasting away, saving even more time. Toss everything together in a bowl, and you’re all set!
If you love all of these Fall flavors, you’re in luck 😉 This post is also part of my monthly collaboration with my friends Jasmine and Chris of Sweet Simple Vegan. Be sure to head on over to their blog to check out this mouth-watering Fall Pasta Salad with Avocado Dijon Dressing!
A Few Final Thoughts:
- If you do not have access to Butternut Squash you can easily substitute it with Sweet Potato, or another squash of choice!
- This Salad is actually perfect for meal prep – you can prepare the veggies, tempeh, and dressing ahead of time and they will last for up to one week in the fridge. I would only suggest storing the dressing in a separate container, so the greens do not get soggy.
- I love the combination of savory and sweet, but if that’s not your thing feel free to omit the dried Cranberries.
This Fall Vegetable Salad is piled high with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Smoky Tempeh, plus drizzled with an Easy Tahini Dressing.
For the Salad:
- 4 cup Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 4 cup Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 Red Onion, cut into thin half rings
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 6–7 cup Mixed Greens of Choice
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1 8 oz. block of Smoky Tempeh, prepared
For the Easy Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Filtered Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Add the chopped Red Onion, Brussels Sprouts, and Butternut Squash to a large bowl, then top with Apple Cider Vinegar, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Stir together with a fork until everything is well incorporated, then transfer to a greased or lined baking tray and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until the vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- Prepare the Easy Tahini Dressing by combining all ingredients together in a large bowl and mixing by hand, or in a high-speed blender if you would like to speed things up.
- Once the vegetables have finished roasting, let them cool and then assemble the salads. Fill each bowl with fresh greens, then top with the prepared Smoky Tempeh, Roasted Vegetables, some Dried Cranberries, and a generous drizzle of Dressing.
- Store any leftovers in sealed containers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Want to save this Fall Vegetable Salad with Smoky Tempeh for later? Pin it to your boards using the following image: