Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Herbed Green Lentil and Farro Salad is healthy and bursting with flavor, but so easy to make! Cook it ahead of time for an easy lunch or hearty dinner.
Is everyone getting tired of one-pot recipes? Because I know I definitely am not.
What can I say guys….being able to throw everything together in one pot and bowl is just so easy. Less dishes, Less time…but definitely not less flavor. My One-Pot Tex-Mex Quinoa and One-Pot Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa recipes focus solely on one grain, but this time I decided to pix it up and add some lentils as well!
Luckily, green lentils and farro have both short AND identical cooking times, so combining them in one pot sounded like a win-win to me. Farro is a whole grain derived from wheat, and has a greaty nutty flavor combined with a texture similar to rice.
I consider this dish to be a “chilled salad,” though you could serve it warm as well. It’s perfect for meal prep, a potluck, or a healthy family dinner!
A few final notes…
- You can use any vegetable broth you would like, but I would not recommend using water. The broth definitely adds a lot of flavor! I use the “Better Than Bouillon” Vegetable Flavor and dilute it to taste.
- I use Bob’s Red Mill Farro, but if you can’t get your hands on that, you can substitute another grain as well. Just adjust the cooking time of the recipe accordingly!
- The flavors of this dish really blend together overnight, so I would recommend making this in advance if you have the time
- If you make this Lentil & Farro Salad, be sure to post a picture on Instagram and tag me or use #FromMyBowl so I can see your delicious creation 🙂
Herbed Lentil Farro Salad
- 1 cup dry Farro
- 1 cup dry Green Lentils
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ tsp dried Basil
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- ½ packed cup Parsley roughly chopped
- ½ cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup Cucumber chopped
- ¼ cup Pepitas
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, combine the farro, green lentils, basil, oregano, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain any remaining liquid that remains in the pan with the farro and greens, if there is any. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and let cool.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, plus salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve chilled and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Watch me make this recipe via my YouTube channel via the video below:
The video also features recipes for BBQ Jackfruit Tacos and Buffalo “Chick’n” Sausages! AKA you’re gonna want to see this and make them ASAP…after this salad of course 😉