Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This crunchy Holiday Spiced Granola, is bursting with fragrant and warming spices and serves
as a perfect breakfast, topping, or snack.
Why is it that most holiday recipes seem to focus on dinner or dessert? In my opinion, we’re missing out on some major morning delicacies here.
This Holiday Spiced Granola is my attempt to fill this void; and while it may not fill it entirely, you will feel pretty satisfied when this fills your stomach 😉
Don’t get me wrong — I love a good dessert. Especially when the weather is chilly, the fire is cozy, and you have some loved ones to share it with.
However, I also just love holiday flavors in general. Warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice are right up my alley and I can (and do) eat them all year long.
If you’re like me, this granola is a great “excuse” to indulge in these flavors at any time of day. Plus, it’s free of gluten, oil, and refined sugars…so it’s baaaasically like eating a salad, right?!
So whether you enjoy this granola on it’s own, with plant based milk over it, or even use it to top an ice cream sundae, I sincerely hope you enjoy it! I know I’m going to be making quite a few batches this season.
A Few Final Thoughts:
- The granola may still be slightly soft when it comes out of the oven, but keep in mind that it will become more crunchy as it cools. This is why it’s very important to let it cool completely on the baking tray! If you store it in a jar right away, moisture will develop and you’ll be left with granola mush.
- Let’s be honest…anything goes with granola. If you’re not feeling the pumpkin seeds, dried fruit I used, or both, you can easily sub with another nut/seed/fruit of your choice in equal proportions.
- Similarly, if nuts aren’t your thing, you can substitute the nut butter with sunflower butter to keep things allergy-friendly
Holiday Spiced Granola
This crunchy Holiday Spiced Granola, is bursting with fragrant and warming spices and serves as a perfect breakfast, topping, or snack.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter, see notes
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 cup Rolled Oats, GF if necessary
- 1/2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds (should be green)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Dried Cherries (or Raisins!)
- 2 tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips or Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 325F. In a large bowl, whisk the Almond Butter and Maple Syrup together until they are well incorporated.
- Add the Rolled Oats, Pumpkin Seeds, Spices, and Salt to the bowl and stir well until everything is well-coated in the wet mixture.
- Spread evenly on a greased or lined tray, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the Granola, then bake again for an additional 10-12 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- After the Granola has finished baking, add the dried Fruit and Chocolate to the baking tray and stir gently to incorporate.
- Let cool completely, then store at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 10 days. Serve as desired.
To make this Nut Free, substitute the Almond Butter with Sunflower Butter.
*In general, you may substitute any seed or dried fruit in this recipe with whatever you have on hand, just use equal proportions!
Want to save this Holiday Spiced Granola Recipe for later? Pin it using the following image: