Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is creamy, tangy, and delicious! Made with 5 healthy ingredients, easy steps, and totally dairy-free & vegan.
- Author: Caitlin Shoemaker
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In the meantime, add the peppers, garlic, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and optional red chili flakes to the blender. Blend on high for 45 to 60 seconds, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Drain the pasta once cooked, but do not rinse. Return the empty pot the the stovetop and add the red pepper sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly and thickened. Add the cooked pasta to the pot, then use a spoon or tongs to mix everything together. If the sauce appears to runny, allow the pasta to sit for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to absorb more of it.
- Transfer the pasta into serving bowls, then top as desired.
- Roasted Red Peppers: homemade or store-bought will work for this recipe. If you go with store-bought, I recommend purchasing a 12 ounce (340 g) jar. The jar weight includes the liquid that holds the peppers, which we will not use for this recipe.
Keywords: red pepper sauce, roasted red pepper sauce, vegan red pepper sauce, vegan pasta sauce, vegan red sauce no tomatoes