Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Vegan Sheet-Pan BBQ Meal is loaded up with crispy BBQ soy curls, tender roasted vegetables, and lots of hearty flavor!
What a fuss-free, veggie-packed, and totally delicious dinner? Look no further! This Sheet-Pan Vegan BBQ with Roasted Vegetables is a hearty, tangy, and wholesome dinner…that also requires almost no prep or clean-up time 😉 It’s packed with plant-based protein, healthy carbs, fiber, and lots of color for a wholesome – yet convenient- meal.
This Sheet-Pan BBQ is packed with smoky, crispy soy curls drenched in BBQ sauce, accompanied by a side of roasted cabbage, corn, and sweet potatoes tossed in spices! All of these elements combine to form the perfect bowl in terms of texture and flavor, plus they’re a great balance of protein, complex carbs, fiber, and some fat!
HOW TO MAKE SHEET-PAN VEGAN BBQ
This recipe is just as delicious as it is convenient! I love how everything cooks evenly on one pan, and there’s minimal clean-up as you only need one bowl as well…
- Rehydrate the soy curls, then drain well.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and spices, then transfer to 2/3 of the sheet pan
- Mix the soy curls with oil and BBQ sauce, then transfer to the other side of the pan
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping everything after 20 to get all sides crispy.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with the remaining BBQ sauce and green onions!
The spices on the roasted vegetables and crispy soy curls really help everything to get a deep, smoky flavor, as if it were grilled, but without all the fuss. It’s perfect for a weeknight or weekend dinner, and also keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This meal should comfortable serve 2-4 people, depending on their appetites. If you want to stretch it a little further you could also serve it with rice, or even stuff the soy curls and veggies into buns or wraps! Personally I like to serve mine over a bowl of fresh greens 🙂
If you’re looking for more quick & convenient vegan recipes, you’ll also love this Salsa Verde & White Bean Casserole, this Vegan Cacio e Pepe with Garlicky Mushrooms, and this Vegan Chorizo Pasta with Roasted Tomato Sauce!
Sheet-Pan Vegan BBQ with Roasted Vegetables
This Vegan Sheet-Pan BBQ Meal is loaded up with crispy BBQ soy curls, tender roasted vegetables, and lots of hearty flavor! Perfect for a weeknight OR weekend dinner, without all the fuss.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
For the Soy Curls:
- 4 ounces (115 g) dehydrated soy curls
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) BBQ sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil*
For the Vegetables:
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 large sweet potato, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (pepper optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F and set a baking sheet aside. Bring ~4 cups of water to a boil, then carefully pour over (or add in) the soy curls and soak for 5 minutes. Drain the soy curls well, pressing or squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Vegetables: add the corn, sweet potato, red cabbage, paprika, cumin, garlic, salt, and oil to a large bowl. Mix well, then transfer to the baking sheet, spreading the vegetables out evenly across 2/3 of the sheet.
- Soy Curls: add the rehydrated soy curls to the same bowl with 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the BBQ sauce and oil. Mix well, then transfer to the other 1/3 of the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake: Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then quickly remove and flip the vegetables and soy curls, keeping them separate. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the soy curls begin to crisp up around the edges.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the baking tray from the oven and toss the soy curls with the remaining BBQ sauce. You can mix everything together at this point, or keep it separate for serving. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve warm. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- It is not necessary to add the oil to the soy curls, but it helps them crisp up and gives a juicier texture. You can reduce the oil for the roasted vegetables as well, according to your own preference.
Keywords: vegan sheet pan meals, vegan BBQ, BBQ soy curls, easy vegan dinners, summer vegan dinners