Zucchini noodles combine with edamame, crunchy veggies, and a spicy peanut sauce to make this fresh, filling, and protein-packed salad!
Remember that Easy Peanut Sauce I posted on the blog last week? Today I’m going to show you how to use it in a colorful, tasty, and protein-packed salad 🙂
Peanut sauce is great over pretty much anything, but paired with zucchini noodles, crunchy veggies, and extra chopped peanuts? It’s pretty much a home run.
And yes, plants do have protein! Thanks to edamame and peanuts, this salad has over 20g of it per serving. It’s a perfect packed lunch or lighter dinner, especially when they’ve weather’s warmer.
Plus, the hardest part of this zucchini noodle salad is chopping your veggies — aka it’s a walk in the park 😉
After you have all of your produce ready, simply mix everything in a bowl with the peanut sauce and a little lime juice. Then you’re good to go!
This salad is the perfect balance of crunchy (from the veggies) and creamy (from the sauce and edamame). It won’t weigh you down, but has just enough hearty ingredients to keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
As an added bonus, it’s not too hard on the eyes either. I love how all of the veggies combine to form a colorful rainbow 🙂 I think this salad would be just as perfect for little eaters as it is for adults!
A Few Final Thoughts:
- Meal Prep? Heck yes! This salad will keep for up to 5 days in your fridge. It’ll get a little softer with time after you dress it, so I suggest tossing it right before serving.
- I prefer to make this salad 1-2 hours in advance and keep it in the fridge until just before serving. This gives the veggies time to marinate, and the cool salad seems to make the crunchy veggies even more satisfying!
- Want to give things an extra kick? Top your salad with some Chili Oil or Red Chili Flakes for some additional heat.
Zucchini noodles combine with, edamame, crunchy veggies, and a spicy peanut sauce to make this fresh, filling, and protein-packed salad!
- ½ cup Easy Peanut Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 ½ cup shelled edamame*
- ¼ head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- ¼ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Wash and prep all produce. Add the Peanut Sauce and lime juice to the base of a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, edamame, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro and stir until everything is well-incorporated. Let the salad sit and marinate for at least 5 minutes, then divide onto serving plates, top with chopped peanuts, and enjoy. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you are using frozen edamame, thaw to room temperature before adding to the salad
- I used dry roasted & salted peanuts for this recipe
Want to save this Zucchini Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: